Friday, June 11, 2010

About

I used to have a blog ... thought I knew stuff. Now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I stopped blogging for a lot of reasons, but found I was blogging in other people's comments. It was shameful, and I was embarrassed. I stopped all online interactions altogether for about 8 months.

Then I entered a competition. My entry needed promotion and I was encouraged to use every online social tool at my disposal ... I thought "hey, maybe I should break my silence and visit people's blogs again if I'm short and succint and not 'bloggy' in the comments". On the 1st blog I visited I realized I just plugged my competition entry in the comments section ... I'd become a spammer ... oh, the shame! Gone from bad to worse!

That’s when I realized that I have to blog. It’s not a choice … I was born that way ... like some sort of genetically pre-disposition, or a health condition. When people ask my how I see myself I think I’ll tell them: “Blog ... I am blog. I can’t help it, I was born blog.”

But I really have no time to blog, and now is like the worst time in the world for me to start up blogging again due to various pressures put on my life right now from just about every angle imaginable (except from my wife and kids – God bless them). So I’m trying to limit my blogging to really late at night when I should be in bed, so when you read a post and it sounds like I’m half asleep yammering on about nothing in particular then you’ll know why: because that’s exactly what’s happening, I’m half asleep yammering on about nothing in particular.

Cognitive excess is what I call it … spewing it out before it builds up and explodes out at the most inapropriate time, like when I'm commenting on someone else's blog, or at the water cooler when I'm supposed to be talking about sports. Maybe with time and good commenting behavior some of those blogs will stop screening my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment