Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things I want to blog about in the future

I never have time to blog, so I've jotted down some ideas for blogs when I think of them ... the thing is since my time is limited I think I'll just summarize each of them here and call it good ... for now. May go into one or more in deeper detail at some future date, but here you go:

1) How to grow new skin in your epidermis (silly title, I know).

Your epidermis, of course, is the visible part of your skin ... the outer layer of it is made entirely of dead skin cells. All new skin cells grow in the bottom layer of the epidermis (the living part of your skin), which is why when you have a cut it always peels at the edges of the cut as it heals ... the new skin rises to the top from the lower layers so the cut edges of the epidermis dry, fray, and thin out until eventually they blend in with the new skin.

About a month ago I had a full thickness cut on the end of my finger (normally a difficult place to heal) through all layers of my skin about 1/4" long. I rinsed it, and while it was still wet, plunged it into sodium ascorbate powder (which didn't hurt at all), then put a bandage on it. Within 24 it was sealed shut for good with a barely noticeable hairline indication of where it happened. It never peeled ... the hairline eventually disappeared. I cut myself regularly (I have a shop where I do lots of stuff) and I've tried all the ointments. Nothing has ever caused so miraculous of healing as did that.

2) Human guinea pig trials. More of the above. I use my body like a laboratory ... most people do, but I'm very scientific in my approach and have learned some cool things. I have a bunch of rules I follow to insure my results are statistically significant. Most of the time when people experiment on themselves with diet, etc their methodology renders the results meaningless. One of the things I discovered about 6-7 years ago was that you can completely heal an ulcer with massive doses of Vitamin C - which was recently substantiated in a clinical medical study completed last year. Also I've developed a dermal treatment which I've found nothing short of miraculous and costs 100x less than what similar treatments cost. I can also solve pink-eye in a matter of hours ... this time again with sodium ascorbate. The trick is in the methodology. Some time in the future I'll post what I've discovered along with these rules.

3) A metric for determining the societal worth of a world religion. I've been thinking a lot about this issue lately. I find it fascinating ... if money was no object and I was to go back to school, I've thought something in philosophy would be good and I think I'd specialize in the analysis of religion as a utility. What makes a world religion good for society? What makes it bad? Coercion religions vs. Persasion religions. Something I call the Lord's test. Analysis of revelatory processes. Recent comments about "usefulness" of certain doctrines and/or events by our Prophets and what that means. What's more important when analyzing a religion: beginnings or endings? What if we're confused over the same things that the saints of the primitive saints were confused about ... what then? Where things can go wrong ... what if they did and why isn't anyone asking? These are some deep questions I've never heard anyone else explore from the standpoint of a "faithful saint" like me. There's actually a ton of blogging topics there.

4) How to's - I've a bunch of these, I try to focus on things nobody else has documented. For example, how to make a cool super-convenient and powerful standalone google-tasklist application in under 1 minute (this assumes you have google chrome browser already installed, as well as a gmail account):
- 1) Open gmail in google browser (chrome)
- 2) open tasks
- 3) click the "pop-out" arrow
- 4) rightclick on frame, click "show as tab"
- 5) click document-looking icon, select "create application shortcut"
- 6) place the shortcut on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen (next to the windows "start" button)

5) Unfinished projects ... the museum of horrors. I have so many of these it boggles the mind ... the failed electric lawn mower ... about a billion projects around the house (this is a sympathy call for my wife ... she can use the sympathy) ... business ideas.

6) Cloud computing .. my take: Everything should be on the cloud. There should be no such thing as syncing. The problem of course is the cost and ubiquity of connectivity ... for me it's prohibitive, but if you can afford it my recommendation is to go all the way. I suspect that at least for the next 10 years we'll be stuck having to do some data synchronization, but hopefully in time free wifi networks will prolific enough to allow ubiquitous digital communication everywhere. Legislation should be geared to make it so, but I suspect the wireless carriers will prevent that from happening. This is one case where capitalism is doing more harm than good.

7) Social networking websites and apps ... my take: It is the future. Google needs to figure out how to integrate itself or it will suffer the same fate as Microsoft ... once a giant, now just a player. I don't know who the winners will be, but facebook better pull it's head out of the sand with regard to privacy issues and assuming too many liberties on their part.

8) My Paired-coaching Linkedin database. Noomi got greedy so I picked up where they left off regarding "pair coaching".

Pair coaching is a type of somewhat informal peer2peer coaching/mentoring arrangement where two people coach or mentor each other. Extremely flexible in nature, it may take the form of just a human-interactive checkin service to help each keep-on-track with their own self-defined objectives and plan-of-attack, or at the other extreme it could be far more involved - a mutual mentoring with regard to a specific objective each wants to realize in a field for which the other is a qualified expert.

Interestingly the concept was pioneered by the founders at noomi.com a few years ago, but who sadly phased it out in the interest of developing a more profitable model. Co-mentoring is about as close a concept as I've found to this. Anyway I found a linked-in group call "Mentors and Mentees" that is centered on this model, but they don't have a good way to implement it so I've created a google database form to facilitate the process. More on this later.

9) I make websites. Too many. I have a ton of clients I maintain for whom I maintain websites but I also have a ton on my own. Don't as me why ... I don't know why. It's like an illness. Often if I expect a website to be out there to provide a certain service that to me seems intuitively obvious should exist and I can't find it I'll take it upon myself to make it as if I have the time - as if. Why not let someone else do it? Somewhere in there I think maybe it will go viral ... that never happens, certainly not to someone too busy making new websites to promote the ones they have. So basically I think with some of these I'm going to throw them out there in some development communities and see if anyone wants to participate. I also think I'll develop a "Please help develop this website/webapp" template I can plug into any of the following that will include a link to a groupsite.com group.

Anywho ... he're some of them ... some of them don't even have anything there because they were just an idea. It costs me $10/yr to keep the domains ... if you want one of the ones with the word "available" let me know ... I'll give it to you for what I have into it. Sometime in the future I'll give an update what each is for.
- planthetrip.com
- kionetics.com
- liveinterface.com
- pnpkiosks.com
- GreenThePower.com powermegreen.com net0power.com greengrided.com etc.
- ComfortSphere.com
- edensciences.com & skinsoak.com - both available
- SolarNowConsulting.com SolarNowSupply.com solartelligence.com pvdummies.com SolarPowerTruth.com
- brainsteptech.com - available
- sleepwavelabs.com s-l.us
- hirecommand.com - available
- goyork. sellyorkcom, sellcoleman.com, sellluxaire.com
- simspan.com - available
- the-austins.com
client websites

10) Separate and private blog for family. Michael mowed the lawn today for the first time ... dang I was proud of him ... just grabbed the thing without being asked and started trying to start the thing. In 5 minutes he was doing it all ... even starting it by himself. Of course, Melissa told him that he'd get $ to buy a Harry Potter nintendo game, but he wanted to do it ... to "pull his own weight" so-to-speak. My other kids are just as awesome ... I see that awesomeness everyday and am just amazed ... I wasn't that good of a kid. Must get it from their mom.

But this particular blog doesn't seem to be the right place for me to go on about that stuff. My kids really are my highest priority though you wouldn't know it reading my past blogs ... it's just that I used blogs to resolve ideas and though I know it's conceit I have to admit: I think ideas are the things that shape the future, and I'd like a part of that, but kids are so pure and simple that I ... I blog to figure stuff out that I find vexing or that I think others might benefit from ... and although I know my kids will be the most lasting impression I'll leave on this world, and although I know my kids as they are today are the most wonderful kids I know, I also know other people don't care to hear that ... but my kids do need to hear how much more they are to me that the junk that I end up posting here, so I need to do this.

11) Population Control Absurdities. We're economically dependent on a growing future generation that we've already pre-saddled with astonishing levels of debt. Population control would doom our future as a nation, people, and power. Rather we should invest all we can to develop a generation that will solve the problems we've created, imparting our wisdom, love, faith, and hope, into a generation large enough to ease the burden shared among every child who will someday have to bear our legacy of spend, spend, spend.

12) My experience with Silva Learning Method. I'm "programming" myself. I'll let you know how it turns out.

13) Inventions I wish existed, but am too lazy/busy to do myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment